SAFETY ALERT: Computer use can be monitored in many ways, and may be impossible to completely conceal or erase. If you believe your computer use is being monitored, try to use a safer computer or call the State Domestic Violence Hotline at 1-800-942-6906 (Multi-language Accessibility). Deaf or Hard of Hearing: 711. CLICK THIS BANNER TO EXIT SITE QUICKLY.
YWCA of Genesee County offers licensed before and after school childcare and a Summer Adventure program; the Child and Adult Care Food Program and free childcare to families in court at our Children’s Center in the Courts at the Genesee County Courthouse Facility.
Child and Adult Care Food Program
The Child & Adult Care Food Program (CACFP) is a nutrition education and meal reimbursement program to help providers serve nutritious and safely prepared meals and snacks to children and adults in day care settings. YWCA is a sponsor of CACFP. We are the liaison between the program and providers. Our 26 providers are located throughout Genesee and surrounding counties and are located in their own homes. We help providers to follow rules and regulations and to complete paperwork efficiently and on time. We also offer yearly trainings. Providers must complete necessary registration forms in order to participate in the program. We conduct home visits at least three times per year to ensure that the program is being followed in all areas. We are always looking for new providers that we can serve. If you or someone you know is interested, please call (585) 343-5808.
YWCA Adventure Program
The YWCA Adventure Program nurtures the health, safety, and development of children ages 5-12 through NYS Licensed Child Care. The YWCA Adventure Program:
- helps parents to continue working or attending college, knowing that the needs of their children are being cared for
- provides homework assistance
- helps children develop social, recreational and life skills
- promotes proper nutrition, mutual respect, and healthy living
- fosters individual development and cultural diversity
- exceeds the health and safety standards set forth by NYS School Age Childcare Regulations
The Adventure Program maintains sites at:
- Jackson Primary School
- Batavia Middle School
- John Kennedy Intermediate School
- LeRoy Central School
- Pavilion Elementary School
- York Central School
- Alexander Central School
- Oakfield-Alabama Elementary School
- The YWCA at North Street
Children & Family Services Forms