Join us in supporting the LGBTQ+ Community during this weeks events here in Batavia!
We will be at the Pride Parade and have a table @Dwyer Stadium during the Festival!
Saturday, June 12th – Pride Parade
8:30 am – 9:30 am – check in on Alva Place at the Batavia City Center (Mall) Parking Lot, 10 am start
The Parade starts on the corner of Bank and Alva and ends at Dwyer Stadium.
Saturday, June 12th – Pride Festival, Dwyer Stadium, 252 State Street, Batavia, NY
11 am – 4 pm
Entertainment and activities include Drag Queens, the Buffalo Gay Men’s Chorus, DJ & band (The Fortunatones), Fire Hoop Dancer, Children’s Explore ART! tent, cornhole tournament, non-profit vendors, and the list keeps growing. Mrs. Kasha Davis from RuPaul’s Drag Rage will be headlining the event and Vivian Darling & DeeDee Dubois will be emceeing. Other Drag performers include Carmella Monroe, Gemini Stone, Ginger Kaikai, Carmen Adore, Eva Flow, and Miss Deelicious. Pride Sports USA will be hosting a cornhole tournament and Dwyer Stadium will be providing food and alcohol concessions. Tickets are available here for $15 pre-sale and $20 the week of. Ticket availability is limited. Masks are required at this event along with proof of vaccination (2 weeks since final dose) or recent COVID test (typically within 6 – 72 hours). Ticket availability and regulations are subject to change.
Click the Link to check GO Art! site for all the events happening and all their amazing sponsors!
- GLAAD — www.glaad.org — Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation. “GLAAD works with print, broadcast and online news sources to bring people powerful stories from the LGBT community that build support for equality.”
- GLSEN — www.glsen.org — Gay, Lesbian, and Straight Education Network. “Every day GLSEN works to ensure that LGBT students are able to learn and grow in a school environment free from bullying and harassment.”
- Forge — http://forge-forward.org/ is a progressive organization whose mission is to support, educate and advocate for the rights and lives of transgender individuals and SOFFAs (Significant Others, Friends, Family, and Allies). They have recorded webinars on many different issues related to trans* individuals and SOFFAs.
- It Gets Better Project — www.itgetsbetter.org — “The It Gets Better Project’s mission is to communicate to lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender youth around the world that it gets better, and to create and inspire the changes needed to make it better for them.”
- National Gay and Lesbian Task Force — http://www.thetaskforce.org/ — “The mission of the National Gay and Lesbian Task Force is to build the power of the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) community from the ground up.” They also run Creating Change the “largest annual gathering of LGBTQ activists, organizers, and leaders within the LGBT movement” in the US.
- National Center for Transgender Equality — https://transequality.org/ — “The nation’s leading social justice advocacy organization winning life-saving change for transgender people.”
- The “Not All Like That” (NALT) Project – http://notalllikethat.org – videos of (awesome) Christians (mostly families) explaining how they fully support LGBTQ people and that being Christian shouldn’t mean being anti-gay.
- Religious Institute — http://www.religiousinstitute.org — “A multifaith organization dedicated to advocating for sexual health, education, and justice in faith communities and society.”
- PFLAG —www.pflag.org — “Parents, Families, Friends, and Allies United with LGBT People to Move Equality Forward.”
- Transgender Law Center — https://transgenderlawcenter.org/ — “The largest national trans-led organization advocating self-determination for all people. Grounded in legal expertise and committed to racial justice, TLC employs a variety of community-driven strategies to keep transgender and gender nonconforming people alive, thriving, and fighting for liberation.”
- The Trevor Project — www.thetrevorproject.org — “Crisis intervention and suicide prevention for LGBTQ youth.”